Today’s Footsteps, Will Affect Tomorrow’s Footsteps
Your path led through the sea, your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen. ~ Psalm 77:19
Parallel Verses of Psalm 119:133
- Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. ~ New International Version
- Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil. ~ New Living Translation
- Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. ~ English Standard Version
- Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me. ~ King James Bible
- Establish my footsteps in thy word; And let not any iniquity have dominion over me. ~ American Standard Version
Often times I think of the possibilities in choice. As humans, we are free to choose. For there appears to be limitless options and outcomes for every action we desire to take. Or at least in thought, there are limitless possible outcomes. But the instance we choose, the precise second that we put our thoughts into action. Then the possibilities are no longer limitless, but are finite potentials that must travel an ordered path.
Now what does that have to do with establishing one’s footsteps in God’s word? Rather a lot, actually. When our footsteps are ordered in God’s word, then the path that we travel is a defined safe route to reach our appointed best destiny. So with each thought, which leads to a step, let us carefully consider the possible outcomes. We have no control over the past, the future has not yet arrived, for it is in the present moments that we must live and choose… always.
Therefore, let us choose wisely, because our thoughts become actions that determine our destiny, and today’s footsteps will affect tomorrow’s footsteps. For Romans 8:28, affirms… And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Hence, let our footsteps always be on the path that reflects Jesus Christ. In Psalm 37:23, we are told that The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. For these are the steps that lead to our best destiny.
God Bless… I am Wiley’s granddaughter.