Wise Men & Women Still Seek Him
I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me. ≈ Proverbs 8:17
The Magi rejoiced when they saw the Star of Bethlehem. Those wise men knew that it would guide them to Baby Jesus. But it was the wise men’s decision to follow the star. As it is, our choice to follow Jesus today. Matthew 2:1-12, say that the wise men knew who Jesus was to this world. They weren’t searching door to door, asking the parents of young children “Is this the baby Jesus?” Nor did the wise men hesitate to acknowledge Jesus, the King of kings, when they reached Him.
Matthew 2:11 (KJV), tells us, And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, frankincense, and myrrh. The wise men:
- understood the purpose of the Star of Bethlehem
- rejoiced with exceeding great joy when the star appeared
- knew their true King
- didn’t follow misguided instructions from Herod
- didn’t give up while traveling to reach Baby Jesus
- fell down and worshiped Jesus before they presented gifts
- knew the significance of gold, frankincense, and myrrh
- were warned by God to recognize deception
- traveled a different route on their return trip home
Christmas is the sacred time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Traditions include Santa Claus, holiday parties, and religious rituals. The time of year when we remember loved ones that have gone on before us. The time of year when we give thanks for those that are still here with us. The time of year when we count our blessings, renew our hope, and pray for those in need. The time of year when we wish love, peace, and joy to everyone on earth.
So, as we embrace traditions… be wise. Come to worship Him, as the Magi did all those years ago. For wise men and women still seek Jesus with the assurance that they will find Him.
God Bless… I am Wiley’s granddaughter.