How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! ~ Psalm 119:103
Many of us don’t think about the Bible as a book-of-books. Nonetheless, the Bible contains 2 testaments, 66 different books, and depending on the version (KJV, NIV, ASV, etc.)… there are approximately 1,189 chapters, 31,173 verses, and 783,173 words. The diverse books of the Bible cover numerous topics and are directed to different audiences. The books of the Bible also were written by about 40 different men over a period of roughly 1,500 years. Wow… this is an amazing concept to conceive in a few thoughts!
God’s written word is enormous, yet, scripture tells us that Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written (John 21:25).
An illustration by Rose Publishing entitled Bible Bookcase is a useful graphic which shows the expansiveness and associations between the books of the Bible. When you survey the Bible there is an amplified awareness, interest, and appreciation for the abundance and depth of the Christian Scriptures in the context of the time they were written. As well as, their significance for the present time…
There are many benefits to reading and engaging with the Bible.
- Answered Prayers – John 15:7
- Blessing and Prosperity – Psalm 1:1-3
- Clarity of Thoughts and Hidden Motivations – Hebrews 4:12
- Cleansing – Ephesians 5:26
- Conviction – 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Correction – Psalm 139:23-24
- Courage so You Can Be Successful – Joshua 1:8-9
- Endurance and Encouragement – Romans 15:4
- Fortified to Stand in the Face of Spiritual Warfare – Ephesians 6:17
- Freedom – John 8:31-32
- Gaining Resistance to Temptation -Psalm 119:11
- Getting Direction – Psalm 119:105
- Impacting Others by Your Life and Service – Colossian 3:16
- Instruction – 2 2 Peter 1:3
- Nourishment for Maturing – Matthew 4:4
- Preparing for Every Good Work – Hebrews 13:21
- Revived Soul – Psalm 19:7
- Strengthened in Faith – Romans 10:17
- Training in Righteousness – Hebrews 12:11
- Wisdom Beyond Your Years – Psalm 119:99
After speaking with a dear friend earlier today, I feel compelled to take some quiet time each morning and began reading the poetical books, which relates to Israel’s spiritual life. With all that’s going on in the world today—as we grapple with challenges in the nature—maybe God is trying to tell us about something in the spiritual.
God bless. . . I am Wiley’s granddaughter.