Emma Louie, M.Div., Ed.D.
My first teaching job was at my alma mater, where I taught biology, chemistry, and physics. I have been a public school administrator and a school district superintendent, as well as, an education coordinator for a state agency of education. I have held various church roles—in the areas of—youth leadership, devotional services, Vacation Bible School teacher, Christian Education Board member, and led small group ministry. Currently, God is allowing me to serve in a leadership position in private Christian education.
I deem myself a life long learner, who knows that formalized education is just a part of education. I value the fact that learning reaches beyond the classrooms and lecture halls . . . to park benches, alleyways, and sun drenched beaches where words are powerful vehicles for sharing ideas and transforming lives. Words allow us to offer a narrative beyond a single idea, a single story, a single prospective. Words tell us who we can be. . . long before we believe in our own destiny.
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.) Theological Studies, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Virginia
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Educational Leadership, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) (Class AA), Educational Administrator, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
- Administrative Certification (Class A), Educational Administrator, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
- Master of Arts (M. A.) (Class A), Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Bachelor of Science (B. S.) (Class B), Science Comprehensive, University of West Alabama, Livingston, Alabama.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Kappa Delta Pi (International Honor Society for Educators)
- Louie, Emma. (2018). MTSS Educational Equity Brief: Supporting Our Vulnerable Students Living in Poverty. Vermont Agency of Education. Vol. 1: Iss. 2.
- Louie, Emma L. (2016, April 3). “Empowering the Young and the ‘Young at Heart’ to Reach Your Potential.” Motivational Speaker. Zion Brush Creek Missionary Baptist Church, Eutaw, Alabama.
- 2014-15 Director for the School Superintendents of Alabama representative on the CLAS Board of Directors
- 2013 Recipient of the New Superintendents Legislative Award given by (SSA)
- Legacy League an Auxiliary of Samford University
- Louie, E. (Winter 2008). The Impact of a School’s Community on the Dropout Rate. Dissertation, Samford, University.